Friday, January 26, 2007

My Reading Backlog : The BOOKLOG

You may call this MULTI-TASKING,
a SHORT ATTENTION SPAN,
or SEVERE COMMITMENT ISSUES...

Whenever I teach my English classes,
I never fail to tell my students
that the backbone,
the solid foundation of improving one's English proficiency
is via READING.

And since I practice what I preach,
I'm constantly scouring all kinds of bookstores
for the latest finds,

from so-called real literature to edgy business books,
from popcorn bestsellers to serious non-fiction.

And now,
I find myself reading 5 books simultaneously!!!






A SUPREMELY KINKY BOOK...

Imagine if Bridget Jones were a high-class hooker
working the high-end hotels of London,

and you've got this excellent book
that details the INs and OUTs,
literally and figuratively,
of the pay-for-play scene in The Queen's city.

Warning : NOT for the faint of heart
and those with MTRCB sensibilities.





BOOKS are getting LONGER...

well, TALLER actually.

the increased vertical height of new pocketbooks
is starting to wreak havoc on my shelving system!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 28, 2007 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger duke said...

ei i just finished the templar legacy. it took me a while to finish it tho. i bought it for $2.00. hehehe.

January 28, 2007 at 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where and what level do you teach?

January 28, 2007 at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!