Thursday, February 01, 2007

The BEATLES in the wee small hours of the morning



so much better than "Beatles Regrooved"
the previous "downtempo" Beatles tribute/cash-in
i bought recently.


why?

a mellow-weedified, Marley-fied STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER

NORWEIGAN WOOD gaining new resonance
when a breathy female voice sings
"I once had a girl or should I say she once had me....."

a Joe Cocker homage in a smoky, perfect for late-night LONG AND WINDING ROAD.....



this CD is
just. so. damn. gooooood.




and it just proves that in any musical genre,
the Beatles' music will sound just as great.

and therein lay the genius of John, Paul, George, and Ringo.




2 Comments:

Blogger wysgal said...

There's this re-mix album called Beatles LOVE that they're using for a Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas now. I've heard some tracks and it was amazing.

February 1, 2007 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Socky said...

I love the Beatles! And I collect Beatles cover versions, even the obscure ones. I got Love and Beatles Regrooved, which I actually liked better than the Chill Out collection. Maybe I didn't like the singers much. For me, Sarah Vaughn Sings the Beatles rocks. And for fun, try listening to Beatles songs by Kings Singers and Big Daddy. My most obscure Beatles version: Beatles done a la Rachmaninoff. Ha-ha, don't get me started on this.

February 1, 2007 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!