Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A Final Prayer for MICHAEL

one of my first CDs, from 1991:


I completely did not expect
how affected I would be by
last night's memorial for

MICHAEL JACKSON.

I'm thinking the same can be
said for many other Pinoys
as well, from many different
generations, ages six to sixty.

All of us who loved the songs,
from Ben to Billie Jean to Bad...




I love the fact that the service
allowed all of us to recall the real Thriller,
the entertainer who amazed us for decades,

and not the Tabloid Fodder
that he was made out to be
these last sad years of his life.






Michael's Memorial
brought home a realization
that a massive part of my youth
had his vibrant music as its soundtrack,


and now that he's gone,
it's like saying farewell to a very
significant part of my younger days too.





We'll all truly miss Michael.





I'll pray that you have the childhood
your dad never had,

Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

1 Comments:

Blogger ouryummymummy said...

my sentiments exactly and you said it so very well...

July 9, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!